Thursday, February 22, 2007

RIP Sweet Boy

Tinker & Bubba as puppies in 1998

My sister Sharon rescued a litter of puppies one morning on her way to the office (she worked with me) and they were dangerously near the highway, so she scooped them all up and took them home.
That next Saturday I went over to her house and told her I didn't even want to see them because I knew I would want one. Of course, she took me out to see them anyway and I fell in love. I picked out Tinky, a sweet chocolate girl and then realized that Paul had to have one too---so I also brought home her brother, Bubba.
We lost our dear precious Bubba today. Last year he got a type of skin cancer and had surgery. At the time, my vet told me it would return. It did. He was scheduled for more surgery on Tuesday but I called to see if they could take him sooner. I was afraid to wait. He died on the way to the vet this morning.
RIP sweet boy. Your momma loves you. Tinky will be lost without you too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your sweet pup is gone. It is heartbreaking when you lose them. Jake, our border collie is about the same age as your Bubba and Tinky...he is 9 now, and overweight and not getting enough exercise, and little Bun is 8...they are both getting older and I just don't know how I could handle losing either one. I feel so sorry for Tinky too. They both are so lucky to have known you and Sharon (if even for such a short time)...you both loved animals so much. Hugs to you, Sweetie.

2/24/07, 9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CountryGirl, it's so hard to lose our pets. They're just like children. I'm thinking of you Paul and Tinky.

2/26/07, 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home