Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ageism & Sexism

Well, there it is. Front page of (who else?) Drudge. Hillary showing (gasp!) wrinkles! Linked below is Limbaugh asking if America wants to stare at an aging woman and a story asking "Are we ready to see Hillary age?"

Of course, aging, balding men are ok.

We all know that's what is important in being chosen as president.

Not that I'm voting for Hillary. I haven't decided yet--but my decision won't be based on counting wrinkles or a good head of hair.

Shallow, anyone?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unforced Rhythms of Grace said...

Hi! I just had to leave a comment. I listen to Rush comment about that photo and he was not saying that he supports the idea of basing a decision on looks but rather, the American public does have that shallow mind set. And it is true. When men age they are precieved differently than women. And this even comes from women too. Many women I know find Sean Connery sexier now than when he was playing 007!

I am going to be comming back to your blog to read more!!

12/30/07, 7:01 AM  
Blogger Ronni said...

I get so fed up with ageism. It seems to hit women harder than men, and it always ticks me off. I don't like Hilary as a candidate, and I think that if she or Obama winds up being the candidate, we will get another repugnican.

Depressing note to end the year on, isn't it?

12/30/07, 2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those wrinkles on Hillary are from stretching the truth...Even so, I prefer the natural look as compared to the Bruce Jenner face lift!

1/9/08, 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is funny anonymous.

1/12/08, 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous was Brother Chuck! LOL! Hi Chuck!

1/16/08, 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home