Friday, January 25, 2008

My New Toy!

Well I did it! I have finally joined the HiDefinition Generation and it's about time! With Superbowl XLII coming up next weekend I thought that would be a good time to go HD for the game. More and more of my clients are producing their commercials in HD and I need to be able to view them on the air.

I bought the LG 42" Plasma 1080p. Business wise, I have to be up on all the HD formats (720P, 1080I) and each tape format as well. Then there is letterbox, pillar-box, center-cut protection. Sheesh! We've come a long way since I started in television and went from the old 2" quad machines to 1". But then, I started back when we weren't even broadcasting everything in color. God, I'm OLD!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, I'm OLD too, CG and very impressed that you can keep up with all this techno-boom. I would love to know more about what it is you do with all these commercials and & etc. What a beautiful place you have. I adore your colors. So, tell me, are you having a bit of our storms and rain? Have a cozy week-end.

1/25/08, 4:41 PM  
Blogger CountryGirl said...

We've had sprinkles of rain and no snow that was forecasted--yet. It warmed up a bit today but is pretty chilly here tonight. I just lit a fire in the wood stove to warm the place up.

As for my job, I get commercials on the air. I do network/legal clearances because commercials have to be approved before they can go on the air on many networks. Then I make sure they the the right format to air on their network or station, and finally I send instructions to tell them what they need to air for the programs that are purchased by the client's media buyer/agency. It's alot of last minute rushing and lots of details because each network is different.

It's fast paced and challenging and I love doing it!

1/25/08, 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home