Sunday, March 07, 2010

When Judges Kill

Family court judges literally hold lives in their hands. The case of 9 month old Wyatt Garcia is a prime example of what can go wrong when a judge automatically assumes a parent is lying just to get back at the other parent.

Judge Robert Lemkau could have ordered supervised visitation to ensure Wyatt Garcia's safety.

He could have given temporary custody of Wyatt to Katie Tagle's sister while he investigated her evidence of death threats against her son.

He did neither.

Not only did he not protect Wyatt, he didn't seem to be bothered by her frantic pleas to keep her son safe after his father, Stephen Garcia told her he was going to kill the baby and himself.

How many more children will die before something is done to protect innocent lives?

How many more baby Wyatts have to die before our judicial system wakes up and realizes they have to take these threats seriously?

Join our community tomorrow at the Victorville Courthouse at 7:45am to
support Katie Tagle and tell Judge Lemkau he must resign!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jack said...

I hope you guy have a great turn out, I would be there but I have to work.

This story makes me sick, I agree, Lemkau must go! I hope you can get him to resign!

3/7/10, 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Terri said...

I can't believe the other judges aren't forcing him to resign; Lemkau makes anyone who sticks up for him look bad.

The judges need to weed their garden!

3/7/10, 10:20 PM  
Blogger loretta said...

I wish Katie had ignored the visitation and taken her chances with contempt charges; either that or followed that jerk to the park. I would have violated the visitation and told the judge to kiss my ass, but then I know too much about these things.

3/12/10, 6:22 PM  
Blogger Heather - The Judge's Daughter said...

I posted your comment on my blog and also posted my response. I want to thank you for taking the time to contact me. Below is the link to my comment.

http://judgerobertlemkaumyhero.blogspot.com/

4/15/10, 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home