Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Ft Bliss

In this email from my brother, sounds like Ft Bliss needs a new name:

Well I don't know if Iraq could be any worse than Ft Bliss. Monday I had to get 6 shots and today I had 4 teeth pulled. My mouth is filled with cotton and the novocaine is wearing off.

Yesterday I was issued all my gear including Kevlar Helmet and Body Armor. The Vest weights about 10 lbs and the inserts weight another 10 lbs. They also issued me some worthless stuff like cold weather inserts, long johns, gun belt, Gortex Jacket, etc.

Today we had a 4 hour briefing on IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices). This was really interesting and the pictures/videos were very graphic. Travel by air is definitely the safest, that's my mode of transportation.

I'll keep in touch...

Love Ya,
Chuck

~~~~~~

Ok, I'm trying not to worry about him...but I thought that I wouldn't have to start until he got to Iraq!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home