Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Busy, Busy

I just realized I haven't posted once in May! It's been a busy month.

We had a wonderful Mother's Day brunch at the clubhouse dining room in Heather's community. Both daughters and all four grandkids were there. What a treat for me!

Lukas turned 6 on the 14th and his birthday party on the 18th was great! Sean & Amanda were here too, so we had all four of the grandkids together again.

Papa and I got Wii's for each family and the kids were very excited. I got a workout just trying to bowl on the thing.

I used my gift certificate Paul got me for Christmas to the spa last Saturday for a wonderful massage. Heather and I stayed overnight and hit the outlet mall on the way home Sunday. Shannon couldn't join us as Sean was picked to play in a baseball tournament over Memorial Day weekend and so she was there instead.

Brother Chuck has accepted a job in Japan with his employer and will be leaving in mid July. I am very happy for him but sad for me as I will miss having him come up on weekends even if it isn't that often. It is a great opportunity for him. I look forward to pictures with his new camera.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so great you had all the kids and grandkids together! The last time ours were all together was in 2000...Mother's Day! And we have two new grandkids since then! Happy to hear about Chuck's new job....Japan sounds like a great place to visit....now you can go and see him there!

Hugs, Sandi

5/28/08, 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry sis..I messed up your blog by declining the Japan job. i am moving to Huntsville instead. I worked a good deal and a promotion!

6/4/08, 2:15 PM  
Blogger CountryGirl said...

You didn't mess anything up! I am happy you are staying in country! Huntsville is much closer than Japan and hopefully it will mean more trips back to the lake to hang out with you and Don. XXOO Sis

6/4/08, 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home