Friday, June 23, 2006

It Takes An Ovary!

This post is for the females in my audience. Cabinets are slamming and curse words are flying so stupidly I asked what was going on. "I can't find the *&%^$#@* Tylenol!"

Hubby is hot, cranky and in pain (did I mention cranky?) and he can't take Advil because he has to take yet another medical test and Advil is just one of the many things on the lists that he has to avoid three days before and during the test.

And he can't seem to see the Tylenol bottle (giant size) sitting on the shelf in the bathroom cabinet about 2 inches above his eye level. So he has to call in the ovaries. Ovaries can find anything, did you know that? Even if you no longer have them, if you EVER had them, they can still find things. They are homing devices to obvious articles that are invisible to men (at least my man) .

While I was writing this, I also had to show him for the four thousandth time how to use the buttons on the microwave for speed defrost.

Ovaries to the rescue!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ronni said...

That sounds like Husband and his phone. I called him last week, and it went straight to voicemail. When I got home, I asked him if his phone was off. He said yes, and that he had forgotten how to turn it on. I showed him how, and he explained that he thought it ws this other button. I told him, no, it's the one with the red circle on it.

A few days later, the same thing happened. I got home and we went through the exact same conversation. Until the end, when I told him it was that button, as I had shown him last week.

Then he got testy for a few minutes.

6/23/06, 9:58 PM  
Blogger CountryGirl said...

I have to wonder if they pretend to be stupid and/or blind so they can have you drop what you are doing and have to walk through the house to hand them something that is right in front of their nose!

He also never checks voice mail! I guess it takes an overy to do that as well!

6/24/06, 7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do always seem to get testy, don't they?

6/26/06, 9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, shouldn't that be mature ovaries? I have the same problem with a female teen.

6/27/06, 7:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just lurked on here today...because my daughter is also named Adeline and her middle name, for about 1 month was Jade. Small world. Good taste in names!

In our house though, it is the ovaries who can find nothing and misplace everything and mr. pants jumps to help me find my misplaced articles.

but I do have to explain to him several hundred times how come we can't put large objects on the door of the fridge (because the door won't shut) and that only butter, not margarine goes in the butter dish, and if you put icy water in a hot pan it's not good for the pan...etc. etc...

I wish woe to mothers who do not teach their sons laundry or cooking.

7/17/06, 11:01 AM  
Blogger CountryGirl said...

Thanks for stopping by and posting! I sometimes (ahem) think he acts clueless so that I will get up, come in and hand it to him. LOL!

7/17/06, 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call it the "move the mayo" syndrome.

Testes just can't seem to comprehend that what they're looking for in the fridge, just might be *behind* something.

8/2/06, 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home