Friday, July 21, 2006

Chuck's Contest

I don't know if I mentioned this, but my brother Chuck held a contest when he went to Iraq the first time (he's gone twice!). I insisted he email us whenever he could to let us know he was okay, so he emailed his children and my brother Don (and me, of course) in a group email as often as he could.

Right before he left to come home he announced a contest: He would submit a list of questions to see if we were paying attention to his travels and adventures and the prize was 50,000 miles on American Airlines. Well, I won the contest! Brother Don was rather miffed; he missed a tie with me by one point, but I won. Brother Don is quite competitive. LOL!

So, Chuck called me last night because we still haven't set up the trip, but first he told me that he will be going to Afghanistan again for the month of August. You can imagine how the news hit me. He's my baby brother. Well, I have two baby brothers, but he's the baby baby brother. Don is also a baby brother but he thinks he's an older brother. You follow?

I'm not happy about this at all. This is now the third time he is putting his ass in the line of fire for his job and he's not in the military any more.

So, we put together the trip because we needed to book it if we were going anywhere in October, hubby's next break. We'll be going to Waikiki for a week. We've been to Kauai and I love that island but I've been there twice and so it will be nice to go to Honolulu together. I would like to go out on the Arizona again and of course I love the International Marketplace, which is right near our hotel. If hubby wants to stay in and do crosswords some afternoon you can bet I'll be shopping! I booked a hotel/car package so we can do some exploring by ourselves. I'll be sure and take pictures so I can bore everyone when we get back home.

3 Comments:

Blogger CountryGirl said...

Sweetie, I didn't mention it because he called me last night and if you remember--you had enough on your plate last night and I was worried about you.

Have a great time in Big Bear this weekend and hug my babies for me! XXOO Mom

7/21/06, 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Waikiki, CG.

Got a feeling that you really deserve this!

7/24/06, 2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go girl! Get that bikini out of mothballs and go for it!! Sandi

7/27/06, 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home