Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cameron Brown Murder Trial

I have been a true crime buff for many years. I have read most of Ann Rule's books (Small Sacrifices, etc). Novels have always left me cold.

I believe the old adage that truth is stranger than fiction, and having followed a few cases, some solved (Laci Peterson) some not (JonBenet Ramsey), and this past year I have been following the Lauren Key-Marer case. Lauren's biological father, Cameron Brown, is on trial in a Torrance, California courtroom for murder.

Cameron Brown is accused of throwing/pushing his 4-year old daughter Lauren from the top of Inspiration Point in Palos Verdes, California.

The link below will take you to a picture of IP and you can click on it for more detail.

Inspiration Point

I have purchased the trial transcripts for the first 3 days:

THURSDAY - 06/15/06
OPENING STATEMENTS:
DA Craig Hum & Defense Attorney Mark Geragos

First Witness: Sarah Key-Marer (Lauren's mother)
(DIRECT BY HUM)

FRIDAY 06/16/06
Witness: Sarah-Key Marer
(DIRECT BY HUM; CROSS BY GERAGOS)

TUESDAY 06/27/06
Witness: Sarah Key Marer
(CROSS BY GERAGOS; RE-DIRECT BY HUM)

If you are interested in reading the transcripts for any or all of these days, we are asking for $20 per day to cover the cost only. They are very expensive and I can't hand them out like I did with the 2-day Grand Jury transcripts.

If we can get 10 people to donate $20 per day for each day, we can mostly cover the costs.

Loretta is offering her Paypal account to handle the transactions. I paid for the transcripts up front today and I will let everyone know when I receive them. They will be via email so you don't have to print them out.

You can use Paypal to pay - log into Paypal

http://www.paypal.com

And use Loretta's email address (lorettas2 (at) cox dot net) and pay through there.

In the notes section make sure you tell her which day(s) you want and she or I will forward you an electronic copy of the transcript(s) you request.

Let's try to cover the costs before we start sharing them for free. Otherwise, we will not be able to afford them. Thanks!

If we receive more than 10 subscribers per day, we can roll the extra towards Hayes's testimony and other important testimony ahead and charge less per day for those, depending on what they cost.

Anyone who purchases the trial transcript(s) and does not have a copy of the transcripts for the Grand Jury, please let Loretta or myself know and we will send those to you at no charge via email.

Leave a comment if you have a question.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ronni said...

I sent money for all three days, but didn't say so in the comment area.

I'm excited about this.

6/28/06, 5:24 PM  
Blogger CountryGirl said...

I am too! Thanks Ronni!

6/28/06, 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home